Who we are…
HallmarkLabs, LLC. (a subsidiary of Hallmark), based in Santa Monica, CA, is currently the parent company of two digital subscription services: Feeln.com and HallmarkeCards.com, as well as Ink & Main (an eCommerce platform for personalized greeting cards). We focus on leveraging Hallmark’s experience with creating meaningful connections with great sentiments, but pushing it into the digital age at a rapid pace and with the cutting-edge technology.
Of course, we have the normal perks for a company in Santa Monica: drinks, snacks, writable walls, collaboration spaces, casual dress, catered lunches, ample/free parking - but we know that is not what you really care about. We are a small and growing company with a talented and driven group of technology professionals focused on building great things together, all while having fun!
This job is all about IT systems management in a modern/cloud infrastructure where automation, IaaS, security, and resiliency meets enterprise IT systems and a mixed desktop environment. The responsibilities include overseeing the IT team which includes all aspects of the office network and desktop computing infrastructure including authentication, change management, access control, monitoring/alerting, security/vulnerability management, addressing any issues that arise that isn't already automated, and working with other departments to ensure we’re supporting the business in a scalable manner. We love innovation, and support efforts that provide automated systems for the purpose of 99.99% uptime.
- Supervise, develop and mentor all IT staff
- Lead & participate in multiple projects in accordance with tactical and strategic goals
- Participate & develop schedules, resource priorities, and determination of time lines
- Develop and maintain a program of proactive system administration, including but not limited to a system of updates, patches/fixes, system enhancements, log monitoring, and system hardening
- Develop and maintain a server recovery plan for all systems to include both a regular backup schedule and tested process for data restoration
- Drive technical innovation and efficiency in IT, networking, and systems management via automation
- Create processes that enhance operational workflow and provide positive employee/customer impact
- Utilize strong problem solving & troubleshooting skills including ability to perform root cause analysis for any lessons learned and failure patterns amenable to long-term solutions
- Handles escalations, requests for information, data and status as needed
- Stresses building automation and highly redundant systems to avoid phone calls after hours
- Recognize and adopt best practices in documentation, testing, security, operational support at scale, and efficient use of resources
- Develop appropriate metrics to demonstrate performance at improving operational efficiency
- Must be able to support off-hours on-call
- Work on small, cross-functional, fast paced teams
- Utilize strong organizational skills and the ability to manage a diversified workload
- Communicate & work effectively with all levels of staff including senior management
- Work under minimal supervision on complex issues to deliver great results on schedule
- Assist with developing and adhering to the annual budget for equipment, services, training, and other needs
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Labs will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Employment by Hallmark Labs is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
- Experience managing an IT team of systems or network administrators/engineers in an enterprise environment
- Able to resolve conflict, problem solve, make appropriate decisions, communicate orally and in written form effectively
- Experience implementing process and standards, and communicating those across the org
- Experience making decisions/recommendations on hardware purchases based upon necessity and cost, increasing quality of services, and decreasing cost of delivery
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to develop effective working relationships with others, a demonstrated customer focus, teamwork skills, and a willingness to share technical and business knowledge with team members
- Comprehensive verbal and written communication skills including mentoring junior staff
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage a diversified workload
- Experience working on small, cross-functional, fast paced teams
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- MCSE and/or CCNA
- 3+ years' experience managing an IT team of systems or network administrators/engineers in an enterprise environment
- 5+ years' systems/server experience supporting core enterprise systems technologies (AD, DNS, HTTP, File servers, email, NAS storage, etc.), and network technologies (TCP/IP, LAN/WAN/WLAN, basic routing protocols, VPNs, firewalls, load balancers, and IDS/IPS systems) in a heterogeneous cloud computing environment
- 3+ years' experience implementing and supporting highly available networks and security solutions including server, desktop, and network hardening
- 3+ years' experience supporting desktop management solutions like AD GPOs, SCOM, JAMF/Casper Suite and BYOD mobile device management systems
- Advanced experience with AD including domain/forest configurations and trust relationships
- Experience with server & desktop automation including hardening, and imaging
- Experience with AWS, Azure, Google G-Suite, and O365
- Experience with advanced network configurations including (but not limited to) multiple VPN tunnels, BGP, 802.1q, VRRP, LACP, and packet sniffers
- Knowledgeable with automation technologies/languages
- Experience with implementing disaster recovery, capacity planning, monitoring/alerting of availability/performance, and log aggregation and event management systems
- Experience with one or more security vulnerability scanners such as Rapid7, Trustwave, and Nmap including remediation.
Hallmark Labs is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. To view your rights as an applicant please review the following EEO posters: “EEO is the Law” poster and the "EEO is the Law Supplement"