Are you passionate about delivering high quality products at a rapid pace? Do you love to work on small nimble teams that focus on writing amazing code to deliver great products with big impact that are loved by customers?
What we need...
We are looking for a seasoned Sr. QA Automation Engineer (SDET) that is driven, takes ownership and is solution oriented to be a key member of a stellar team working on a dynamic product line for the company.
The job involves the following responsibilities:
- Ensure timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production
- Work with other engineers in an agile environment to drive improvements in code quality via code reviews, whitebox, graybox, and blackbox testing (automated and manual)
- Collaborate across teams and departments in order to prevent, report, track, and resolve defects
- Participate in creating and clarifying User Stories, and in planning Sprints
- Dive into hard problems and successfully deliver great results on schedule
- Create and maintain automation test scripts
- Create and maintain test plans
- 2+ years of software testing experience
- 2+ years of automation scripting experience (not only record/playback)
- Bachelor's degree in technology field
- 4+ years of software testing experience
- 2+ years of experience coding in a software language
- Experience with Cucumber or Selenium
- Experience with Git
- Experience with page objects and OOP principles
- Comfortable working on small, cross-functional, fast paced teams
- Comfortable with testing API services
- Comfortable with maintaining solid documentation
- Experience with TDD and RSpec is a plus
- Experience using gitflow is a plus
- Familiarity with performance tuning applications using tools like JMeter or Apache Bench is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable mentoring other QA Engineers
Who we think would be a fit...
We are looking for someone who not only loves building high quality software, but is also passionate about getting stuff done. You might have worked at large top name companies, but you prefer small nimble companies with tight knit cross-functional teams that focus on getting stellar products to market quickly. You have the skills and experience, but you still love to learn - and you want to work with super talented folks to build great products.
- are comfortable with speaking up for quality when under pressure to release
- thrive in a fast paced environment where you need to balance high quality with continuous delivery to the market
- are a “rebel with a cause” who looks beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities
- believe quality not only involves the end user functionality and usability, but also performance, reliability, and security
- consider yourself a software engineer focused on quality first and foremost
- have a track record of projects completed on time - you excel at getting things done
- are comfortable with testing Service-oriented architecture (SOA), micro services, and REST APIs, as well as functional, systems integration, and browser compatibility testing
- can picture both the technical and business objectives and challenges when you read high level requirements
- know various test frameworks like the back of your hand and choose which ones to use based on the project or objective at hand, not just because one is popular at the moment
- enjoy heads down testing
- have good communication skills, love collaborating, and are fun to work with
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
Hallmark Labs is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. To view your rights as an applicant please review the following EEO posters: “EEO is the Law” poster and the "EEO is the Law Supplement"