Who we are…
Hallmark Labs, LLC. (a subsidiary of Hallmark), based in Santa Monica, CA, currently operates two digital subscription services, Hallmark Movies Now and Hallmark eCards, as well as ongoing initiatives in personalized, print-on-demand greeting cards. We leverage Hallmark’s deep experience in creating meaningful connections with great sentiments, but push it into the digital age at a rapid pace with cutting-edge technology.
Of course, we have the normal perks for a company in Santa Monica: drinks, snacks, writable walls, collaboration spaces, casual dress, weekly catered lunches, ample/free parking - but we know that is not what you really care about. We are a small and growing company with a talented and driven group of technology professionals focused on building great things together, all while having fun!
The Project Manager works with product and technology team staff to drive projects, strategic and tactical, to meet Hallmark Labs’ objectives. This position will interface with other departments as needed (Finance, Marketing, Customer Care, etc.) to coordinate and collaborate the status of requests, problems, and projects. This position also will be responsible for communication of project status within the company.
SCHEDULE AND RESOURCE PLANNING
- Manage planning, coordination and collaboration across multi-functional teams, ensuring adherence to budget, schedule, and/or scope
- Create and maintain detailed project planning and tracking documents in Omniplan, Rally and other tools
- Break projects into logical, useful work segments and facilitate prioritization and estimation of time/effort; align plans to available time/resources
- Proactively identify, collect, assess and recommend practical ways to mitigate project risks and problems; facilitate team consensus
- Schedule and facilitate cross-department project meetings; set agendas and ensure clear purpose and actionable takeaways
- Assess, manage relationships, and, on occasion, negotiate with third-party project contributors, software, or services.
- Drive complex IT projects/programs from design and development to production in a cloud environment
- Coordinate technical maintenance activities as needed.
ANALYSIS and COMMUNICATIONS
- Collect and analyze project statistics generated from sprints
- Summarize and communicate data-driven project status across multiple projects, both verbally and via dashboards or reports
- Manage project reporting metrics, templates, and processes
- Develop processes for tech communications, including incident reporting, ad-hoc project ticketing, etc.
- Perform post- project reviews, identifying, communicating and implementing learnings
- Assists in designing and maintaining technical and project documentation
- Facilitate deliveries from non-tech departments, such as legal approvals, BI requirements, and creative assets, ensuring high-quality, timely contributions
- Other management projects/tasks as assigned.
- 2+ years of experience in project management, IT Management and/or consumer-facing software or infrastructure project management
- 2+ years of experience coordinating and supporting cloud/SaaS technology projects/products
- Held a prior role with responsibility for project dependencies, requirements, execution, and cross departmental collaboration.
- BS in Sociology, Psychology or related fields, or 4+ years of work experience in project or product management
- PMP (Project Management Professional) and/or CSM (Certified Scrum Master) or equivalent certifications
- High level of demonstrated skill with Omniplan, Rally or Jira, Confluence, Excel
- Formal experience with Agile planning, capacity planning, utilization review, and risk mitigation strategies
- Strong problem-solving & troubleshooting skills, including root cause analysis for future issue prevention
- Excellent organization, presentation and customer service skills across diverse projects and constituencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort working on small, cross-functional, fast-paced teams
- Ability to support flexible work schedule based on project demand, including emergencies (on-call hours)
- Ability to work effectively under minimal supervision with all levels of staff (including senior management) to deliver great results on budget and on schedule.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Labs will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Employment by Hallmark Labs is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
SpiritClips is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. To view your rights as an applicant please review the following EEO posters: “EEO is the Law” poster and the "EEO is the Law Supplement"