Who we are…
Hallmark Labs (a subsidiary of Hallmark), based in Santa Monica, CA, is the parent company of three digital services; Feeln.com (a subscription video on demand service), HallmarkeCards.com (a digital social expression service), and Ink & Main (an ecommerce platform for personalized greeting cards). We’re leveraging Hallmark’s experience creating meaningful, emotional connections, and rapidly progressing a century old, privately-owned, iconic American brand to the forefront of the digital age with cutting-edge technology.
What we need...
At Hallmark Labs, you will work with developers and business stakeholders to understand the business needs for data and create, maintain, and monitor secure and highly performant databases. You are passionate about data and not only enjoy data schema design, but are comfortable with various DB tools and types of databases. You know that good data and well designed and maintained databases are critical to any business.
The job involves the following responsibilities:
• Design, develop and maintain multiple databases
• Database performance tuning
• Establish database development standards
• Collaborate with fellow data engineers, take authoritative design and ownership of data projects
• Document systems, code and processes as necessary
• Build data pipelines from production to data warehouses to enhance Business Intelligence solutions
• Perform database load testing and benchmarking.
• BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or equivalent experience
• 4+ years of experience as a Database Engineer
• 4+ years of SQL experience
• 2+ years of data modeling experience
• 2+ years of performance tuning
• 2+ years of disaster recovery and backup experience.
• Familiarity with microservice data schema design
• eCommerce experience
• Experience with AWS
• Experience with MySQL or PostgreSQL
• Familiarity with creating ERDs using various tools
• Familiarity with iterative software development
• Experience with high availability configurations
• Data warehousing experience, Redshift, etc.
• Experience analyzing issues from the application tier to database.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
Hallmark Labs is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. To view your rights as an applicant please review the following EEO posters: “EEO is the Law” poster and the "EEO is the Law Supplement"